MS2 Permitted Lane Closure System (PLCS) is a cloud-based solution supporting the creation and publication of schedules governing the closure of lanes due to construction or other activities. While construction is necessary to maintain transportation infrastructure, it can be disruptive to traffic flow and directly affects the delivery of goods and services. Jurisdictions approach this problem in a variety of ways with the goal of defining and enforcing acceptable levels of traffic queuing and delay.
PLCS addresses agency needs for a flexible, easy-to-use, and accurate solution to mitigate construction impact on business and public transportation. It enables agencies to generate optimal lane closure schedules for construction projects using their own rule sets, industry standards (e.g., the Highway Capacity Manual), and traffic data stored in MS2 Traffic Count Database System (TCDS).
See what makes MS2 an industry leader
Interactive mapping tools allows you to precisely define roadway segments along a road network.
Adjust closure rules all the way down to the 30-minute interval, applying local engineering expertise rather than solely relying upon automated routines.
Apply industry best practices to adjust older counts or incomplete data sets to best reflect the lane closure schedule being calculated.
Here are some of the many features available
- Configurable by agency; uses agency rules to help define criteria
- Supports desktop and mobile browsers for access anywhere an internet connection is available
- Spatial editing of road closure segments
- Road closure schedules available via web or exportable to numerous file formats
- Workflow based schedule development from draft to publication to archive
- Detailed forensic analysis report created for every road closure schedule
- Industry standard routines for interpolating missing count data
- Support for assignment of volume, hour of day, and heavy vehicle count data to road closure segments